Sunday, February 24, 2019

Good Friends


Justice and Liberty 
many years ago.
They are sleeping on the stair landing 
with their noses at the edge.

They were great friends.
When Libbey passed, we got
Eisenhower (Howie) and 
Justice tolerated him but never really 
loved him the way she did Libbey.
Perhaps she just couldn't bear the replacement.

People friends are like that also.
There are many folks we get along with
 and enjoy but if we're lucky we connect more deeply
with a few special friends.

If someone had told me 10 years ago
 I would have such deep blog friendships,
 I may have been skeptical.

I have several life long friends, 
a few multi-decades long friends,
and several gals I have never met but we've
been through the trenches together.

I was lucky to meet a blog friend Chania 
years ago and we spent a day together here in lala.
My pal Carole and I have spent weeks
 where we talked every single day, 
yet have never met face to face.
We know all "the good stuff" about each other.
(they both use IG now)

Friends, even good ones, can leave your world
for various reasons. Misunderstandings, betrayals,
distance, life changes can all disrupt. Since becoming ill
I've had a few just ghost out of my life, which hurt
but I guess I get it, well maybe I do?

Then and again a very kind soul
unexpectedly wanders in.
 In my case Colleen was not a stranger,
we've followed each other for years
 and exchanged comments and emails.
She had recently asked me a question and I said here's my
number just call me- it's faster.

We made a date for the call last week,
and three hours later I was sharing
my life with the dearest soul.
We took to each other like ducks to water.
I had no idea three hours had passed,
but then that's how it is when 
you make a heart to heart connection.

Shortly after the call 
Colleen showed me such a kindness
that I was weeping all over my keyboard.
I felt the world was a little kinder as
it's been beating me up lately.

I will do anything to help make 
her current dreams come true.
She is planning to do classes 
using her wool artistry up in Canada and 
perhaps in the US.
She was curious about my Gatherings 
where I used to teach and hope to do again someday.
Without a seconds hesitation,
I said use my house for a retreat!

My location and accommodations are perfect
for something like that since folks come here anyway.
Lord do they come here!!!!!

She is currently going to put out feelers
to see what kind of response she gets locally and 
in the states.
She lives up near Vancouver so that too is ideal.
If you love wool and want to learn some great
techniques and projects 
then lets do it.

Excellent teacher, great food, perfect location.
You can walk 2 blocks to PB, Williams Sonoma and 
Anthropologie and 12 restaurants from my front door. 
Well, and then, there is VEGAS.

So let me or Colleen know if 
you're interested in Vancouver or here, or 
maybe she could teach near you? 
CA would be nice? hehe. What wool 
projects would you enjoy?

I have one more favor.
As I was thinking about this post I remembered,
so many dozens of gals who did white wednesday, 
and other themed posting groups
and were here at blogspot near the beginning. 
Oh, how we used to comment and check in often.
I knew your kids names and your pets
and hopefully encouraged your dreams as you did for me. 
Now most gals do IG, or FB.
I get it, it's fast, but oh I miss hearing from you,
and following your days.
So here's the favor-

Please leave me a hello here, 
let me know you're still out there,
or let me know you, if you've never commented.
A simple "hey, it's me Mary", or a HI, 
and give me your IG, so I 
can find you again, or meet you.
If you don't blog, just email me.
My email is in my profile.


I hope to hear from you.
there are posts where thousands visit 
but 99% are invisible to me.
Please, please just say Hi.

I would be so grateful.

Z


oh lord the wrinkles!












10 comments:

Colleen MacKinnon; Penny Rugs and More said...

That was the shortest 3 hours of my life! We have to do it again soon. You are a kind sole Suzan and I know we can call each other friends. Thanks again for the great feedback and tips, and oh my the wonderful mention on your blog! Take care of yourself and get well.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok....I had all these comments running through my head as I read your post....and POOF, they were gone when I got to the end and saw your beautiful face! I do believe that is the very first time I have seen a photo of you!!! You should “show yourself” more often! But....back to the comments.... every word you wrote about friendships...even pet friendships....I can relate to. I live in a remote area, and by nature, am not much of a “people person”....so while I have acquaintances, and a few “local” friendships, I have made here on Blogger that are closer than any of those could be.... I do need a diversity in my life....some of my dearest friends are exact opposites of me and somehow manage to “balance” me (and get me out of the house LOL), but there are a few I met here who are truly soul sisters. Glad you made such an instant connection with Colleen.... I would LOVE to see what she would have to offer, as I am a wool addict....but the locales are sadly just out of my reach here.... I do think, though, that I will look up her blog myself..... Robin

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You have been a great friend to me! I have felt understood and encouraged by you when so much has seemed to go wrong. I am in a better place now but life is still really a struggle at times. I am so glad that this online community has been so supportive.

Arlene said...

Hello from Eastern Connecticut!
Your blog is one of my favorite places to visit. I actually corresponded with you once years ago to tell you how much I love your house and your comments on the state of the union.
I was lucky enough some years ago to meet Carole (and Petey) at her shop which I found through Laura's blog at 52 Flea. And of course I follow Karen at This Old House...another Connecticut girl. I miss all the authors of blogs who have "retired" from blogland; Instagram is just not the same.
I hope your health is improving. You have so much to look forward to!
Arlene

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Well we talk via e-mail now and again, but HELLO regardless! And Carole and I live just about 15 minutes from each other, and she and her guy George adopted a dog from one of our events, but we have yet to meet in person - seems ridiculous. I'll get over to her greenhouse one of these days to say hello.

I have something I want to send you - e-mail me trailblazer65@hotmail.com so that I can get your mailing address.

Blondie's Journal said...

I want to address the pups first. Milo was an only child/dog for two years, then my daughter brought home Layla, a little rat of a dog (chihuahua). Milo did not like her much, or so it seemed, he kept pouncing on her (gently) and nudge her along. It was his way of showing her who was boss. Now Milo is hanging on at 15+ with cancer, deafness and senility. She guides him outdoors and acts enthusiast when I'm giving them treats so he knows where to head. Amazing.

I get the bond with friends and blog friends. I've met a few and have shared phone calls and looooong emails. And I'd love to chat with you someday. Like Layla, ya gotta keep pushing on!

Jane

oldgreymareprimitives said...


Hello!

This is in response to your most recent blog.

I had to find your email address to send this to you as i do not "belong" to Google.

That may account for many others who read and enjoy your blog as I do, for not contacting you..

I love your blog and look forward to reading it on a weekly basis.

Please continue posting your well-written items.

All the best.

Reta Kenter

Kit said...

Hello Lovely Lady! Don't you worry, I am out here always even if there is IG and Facebook. Sorry I don't Twitter as long as the Orange One is on there....LOL I love to read how you are doing since I am so not a phone person. But I think of you a lot. :) Love ya, Kit

PKBrandon said...

Hi, I check in with you semi frequently and find comfort that some blogs are still here. I don't like FB at all and try to use IG but not good at it. I like seeing all the pictures and listening to my blog writers speak. I used to blog myself but let it go several years ago. Sometimes I think about starting it up again but I tend to spend most of my "free" time in other ways.

I was surprised to see your picture - you look so young and have beautiful skin! Why did you call your blog the old grey mare??? :)

Phyllis

oldgreymareprimitives said...

Oh Phyllis,

When I started teaching and selling my wares in greater numbers, it was just after a horrible time in my life. I was going though a horrible time in my marriage, more like devastating, and then quickly lost my father, then husband left, beloved dog died and mother died all in a span of just under 3 years.

It changed me. so...the old grey mare just ain't what she used to be.. AND Under the color and highlights is grey hair since my early 40's.

AS for how young, oh my you made my day! All I can see is uneven skin, large pores and wrinkles. lol and a large proboscis to boot. The resolution on your device is faulty I fear for this old gal is 65 and counting. Bless you for being kind.

Thank you for hanging around, I really do love talking to folks and hearing their stories.