Wednesday, November 14, 2018

It's Beginning




I was talking to several friends yesterday 
and we were all beginning to decorate, 
much earlier than usual.

My arm chair psychology?

We all need the happy.
We desperately need to immerse ourselves
in the celebration of peace and love
instead of the anger, hatred and despair
surrounding us due to one evil demagogue,
bathed in bigoted stupidity,
who thumbs up his best buddy,
 an assassin, who is intent on 
bringing down our democracy.

Bring on the trees, the holly
 the cookies, stockings,
and twinkle lights. 
Surround us with families and friends we love.
Share the carols, the hymns and 
shout it from the rooftops
that we yearn for peace, equality, kindness and love.













7 comments:

donna baker said...

Suzann, I was thinking the same thing.

Sandra said...

Thank you for your comments. I say YES!!! and YES!!! again.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


Amen.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am right there with you. I don't usually decorate for Christmas this early but I've also started. I need the happy, cheerful so much right now. I love how you decorate. Mine is not creative but a family mish mash and so me!! Hugs!

Jillayne said...

Your decorations as always are beautiful - elegant and simple but not at all plain. You inspire me greatly, in so many ways.
I applaud you for trying to stay out of the fray, it must be so hard - I can't imagine what it's like to live with the craziness.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Amen Z !!! XXXX

Kit said...

It looks wonderful! Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Take care my friend. Love Kit