Monday, October 15, 2018

I Don't Do Spooky

Sunday I was searching for a photo
 for a friend who was over
for the day
and I stumbled across these.
(never did find the other photo I wanted)

I started making advents like these many moons ago.
This happened to be an all day class I taught
maybe 7? years ago and  it was
 a great class. Everyone's 
advent came out unique and pretty,
or as scary as they wished.
It was a long day painting backgrounds, 
cutting and sewing and I'm pretty sure I 
served my classic Halloween chili.


Everything but the spiders and the web
were made by hand,
and each student painted 
their background as they wished.








The house was hand cut and assembled


Everyone who knows me knows I always get a pinwheel in somehow


The bats were on wires so they could bounce (fly)



There is a string garland inside the little painted box



I had forgotten how many pumpkins
 I used to make each season.
They have homes all over the country.
A sampling...









5 comments:

donna baker said...

So very cute. I love the advent calendar. It would definitely be a fun thing to make. Magpie that I am, I'd have fun selecting things. Pumpkins are cute too. I have gotten rid of many of mine and can't even think of any I have left. I don't decorate seasonally anymore. Scrooge I am.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm glad you shared these photos. So fun and creative. I have some of your pumpkins here in Athens, GA!!

Sandra said...

Thank you so much for sharing a wonderful workshop memory. That must have been great fun. It is wonderful to create a project that you will enjoy for years to come.

Kit said...

I love it!! So clever and beautiful. :) Kit

June said...

love your non-spookies Z!!!! You've been on my mind so I actually decided I was going to sit down for a visit this morning! I love the changes in your beautiful home my friend.
sending lots of love!!!