Saturday, July 21, 2018

Whiplash and Freefall

When I'm 64
I will believe that 65 is still a ways off.

Then yesterday it was here,
in all it's - glory?

Wonderful calls from kids and friends,
a lunch with a great friend,
and a goodie box of pampering goods from
the kiddos topped off my 64th year.

I do not mind being 65.
What I do mind is the constant whiplash
I feel from the criminal actions of #45.
Every time I think this is it;
this is what will finally wake up 
that malevolent side of America;
I go back into freefall, 
praying for a safe landing.

Take away all the horrific maneuverings we have 
been forced to watch unfold and narrow
the focus to just the smallest of us
in this world.
Children

Remove religions, races and ethnicities
and pare down to the core of our humanity.
Loving and caring for the 
children of the entire world.

If you cannot believe in that,
fight for that,
despair over that,
then your humanity is gone.

If every query of what path to follow
began with the question
"what is best for ALL the children?"
perhaps we all could once more 
feel safe and proud.

free falling

I can no longer handle roller coasters
or airplane turbulence.
Those sensations are terrifying to me.

I can sue for whiplash,
could I sue #45 and friends for causing me 
the same mental anguish
of humanity's free fall?



8 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

"And the world will be as one..." Imagine!

Happy Birthday! 65?...been there, done that!
Robyn

donna baker said...

Happy birthday dear. Hope you are feeling well/better. It has been a terrible time. I have to resort to messaging republicans, but let them know that I am scared. And I didn't just fall off a turnip truck. I have never seen such crap from a president and to get away with it is beyond belief. If I had my way he'd be impeached and charged with treason.

LEfting said...

I am Canadian, and I watch your political situation with horror. So sad to see children kept in cages, while 45's own child is jetted off to Florida every week. What a fiasco. I am so sorry for the USA.

Blondie's Journal said...

First off...Happy Birthday, my friend! My hubby just reached 65 on July 2. Love you both.

I heard that these recent events will be cast aside as new injustices just keep happening with each day. Somebody with even a tiny bit of power in Washington has to make a mighty sound. Or not. Seems more like not. We, the people, will have no choice but hang our heads as we've done since 2016.

Sick.

Jane

Linda @ A La Carte said...

A very Happy Birthday! I was so happy when I turned 65 and it has provided me with health care but oh things are changing faster then I can type. sending you much love and big hugs. Sorry your sweet baby is sick. Take care and wishing you well.

Kit said...

Happy Birthday my friend. This too shall pass, hang in there. Kit

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I KNOW THE WOE!!!


Happy Birthday to you xo....

Ronda said...

Happy Birthday!! I have to believe that goodness will prevail.