Saturday, April 23, 2016

The One Where She Falls Out Of A Tree

The One Where She Falls Out Of A Tree

Yep
that would be me

Suffice to say I was an idiot,
 and did something really stupid
and got banged up,
bruised and battered.
Couldn't even admit my stupidity to 
DD and when I finally did,
boy was she mad at mama, 
and then she tattled to big brother.
(and when Annie reads this I'm gonna catch hell)

I'm OK now,
for the most part.

SO what the heck have I been doing
and where have I been?

Reading
I check out about 20-25 books a week.
(I watch very little tv 
and I am a fast reader)
Currently re-reading 
A PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANY
an old favorite.

Purging
 (can you believe it - still?)
Girl pals are having a sale here today, so
I've been doing preview sales
 to closest buds, and
treasures are flying out the door.


Spring Cleaning
Since I'm selling off pieces that means 
rearranging and discovering where all the 
dust bunnies have been hiding.

Sewing
Pillows for a friend and
pillows for me to change things up a bit.
Dug out an unfinished quilt that I was dying to make
and decided I should finish it before I actually do.

I have lots of stuff I've been thinking about,
and percolating upon, and I will
probably share a few rants and 
musings soon.

Thank you for all the kind comments 
and emails about our sweet Justice.

Howie is never more than 6 feet away from me
these days. He was always a sweetheart,
but this new mellow, clinging-hugging pooch has 
pulled my heartstrings into
a knot that will never untie.
He likes to be close
REALLY close


I'll be back soon

Z








5 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

Glad you are on the mend, and WHY were you in a tree?!?!?!
Its the strangest thing about animals. When our dog died, my cat started taking on characteristics that were Tyler's, then she got very clingy too. Now she has to sleep with me, and be right up next to me wherever I am, she was never like that before. If only we could hear their thoughts.....
Wishing you all the best!!

Kathy said...

Oh Z!!!! I am so glad you are okay. I won't scold you since I have been known to do things I have no business doing anymore so I can totally understand how it probably seemed like a perfectly good idea at the time.

Tanya said...

There are guys in trucks, driving all over this town, asking to climb in trees FOR you! I had my dad do this 15 years ago, and is STILL paying the price with a leg that broke in 21 spots - STAY OUT OF TREES! Glad you're alive, Z. XOXO

Kit said...

Good to see ya! That's alot of books! You keep well and come back from time to time so I know you are alright. :) Hugs, Kit

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Good to see you post no matter when it is
Close is good